Monday, January 12, 2015

a little sewing

Hi Everyone!  Thanks for the comments on my last post.  I know bringing my craft desk back out of storage is probably a lot more exciting for me than it is for you! lol  My husband did make my desk for me.  He made it about 7 years ago.  (It's hard to believe it's been that long ago already!)

I haven't been creating anything for months now, but I did do some sewing last fall (and some quilting I'll share in another post).  I made some little wallets for my kids, but I didn't get a photo of them before they were whisked off to be played with.  I also made a couple mini pillows for my youngest two sons for their stuffed animals.  My oldest son and my daughter sewed their own little pillows and stuffed them.  They've practiced sewing a little bit here and there and always really enjoy it.



I was needing a pincushion for when I'm sewing so I made this little patchwork pincushion.  I love the look of patchwork quilts and pincushions.  They just make me happy.  :)  This little pincushion is about 3 x 3 inches.


Another sewing project from last fall was these pillow cases.  My older three children picked out the fabric at the quilt shop and I whipped these up for them.  (Sorry for the slightly blurry photo.  I took it on my phone.)